Monday 28 October 2013

PHOTOS | World's Tallest Man Finds Love With Woman 2ft 7in Shorter Than Him

The Turkish farmer, Sultan Kosen is 8ft three ins, and dwarfs his 5ft 8 ins fiancee, Merve Dibo. They are set to marry in a ceremony today.
Kosen has long been searching for a woman to share his life with, and had reportedly given up hope until he met Ms Dibo.

He told an AA reporter: 'Now I will have my own family and private life.

"How unfortunate I could not find a suitable girl of my own size. My fiancee is over 1.75 meters tall, but I believe I've found the person for me."

Kosen also holds the Guinness World Record for the size of his 27.5cm hands and feet, which are recorded 36.5 centimetres - a massive size 28.

The giant who has achieved near celebrity status, has invited a host of politicians to his wedding in the southern Turkish city of Mardin. His gigantic wedding suit and shoes will be custom made.

Kosen said all he wants now is a car big enough for his size in which he can travel with his bride.

He is one of only ten people ever to top 8 feet and the first in a decade. He became the world’s tallest man in August 2009, when he shot past China’s Bao Xishun at 7ft 9ins.

Sultan suffers from a rare disorder called pituitary gigantism, which causes his body to continually produce the growth hormone. His condition is believed to have been caused by a tumour in the pituitary gland.

Doctors thought they had cured him in 2008 when they removed the tumour but he continued to grow by half and inch a year.

Sultan grew normally until he was ten but the tumour then caused him to develop the medical condition.

When other children were little more than 4 feet, he was already well over 6 feet. His family are all ‘normal’ size.

Sultan last visited the UK two years ago, when he said: "The kids used to tease me and I found that very difficult.

"But now I am really proud of being tall." Medics say he has finally stopped growing.





No comments:

Post a Comment