Tuesday 12 November 2013

Zlatan Ibrahimovic 'Too Busy' to Honour 8-year-old Boy's Dying Wish To Meet Him

Leukaemia sufferer, Hajrudin Kamenjas, who doctors say has a month to live, travelled to Paris from his home in Bosnia to see his idol Zlatan Ibrahimovic after his parents arranged a meeting through Paris Saint Germain (PSG) football club.

The dying eight-year-old boy's last wish to meet the his idol has been left unfulfilled after the footballer was 'too busy to meet him'.

Parents Amela and Mustafa had already been told Ibrahimovic could not travel to Hajrudin's home in Vares because of Champion's League commitments.

Hajrudin's family decided to move him and all his medical equipment to France. They were again told the Swedish footballer could not meet the dying boy, even though they were at the stadium.

Ibrahimovic suffered a knee injury on November 1 when Hajrudin had tickets for the match.

They say the schoolboy was told repeatedly the following day that Ibrahimovic would see him soon, he was forced to return home to Bosnia before a meeting could take place.

Mrs Kamenjas said: "I did not succeed in giving my son his last wish, and that hurts."

Thea Rekic, trip organiser who runs the charity and travelled to Paris with the family, claims they were told repeatedly a meeting would happen but were constantly let down.

She said: "We thought we could meet him, but despite contact with PSG and huge effort on our part, we did not succeed, and needed to tell Hajrudin a lie that Zlatan was ill and in a hospital."

She said the story could have been a 'fairytale' but does not have a 'happy end'.

Hajrudin has had a bone marrow transplant in his fight against cancer and has been treated by top doctors in Germany.

However, they have said there is nothing more that can be done for Hajrudin and have given him a month to live.  

Before the failed attempt to meet Ibrahimovic in Paris, the footballer had sent Hajrudin a message and signed shirt as he could not travel to Bosnia to meet him.

In a video he said: "Hello Hajrudin, I am Zlatan. Since I heard of you, I thought a lot about you. I am sorry I can’t come, but I have a present for you. I have signed my autograph on a jersey and I want you to know that I think a lot about you. I will also give this jersey I wore yesterday when I scored two goals."
Ibrahimovic earns a reported 14million euros a year after tax, believed to be a record in French football. His 20million euro move to PSG from AC Milan made him the most expensive footballer in combined transfer fees.

5 comments:

  1. Such an egocentric dude..who turns down d wish of a dying child

    ReplyDelete
  2. So insensitive. After all they went through, d charity n all. Mean dude mahn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's such a pathetic self centered animal, a racist per excellence. wish you were the one dying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How busy could he get to spend few mins with the young chap. I ve never liked the guy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor boy, he chose the wrong idol..My Messi would never do this

    ReplyDelete