Thursday 19 December 2013

"I told my husband to sleep with another woman" - Wife's Incredible Offer Because Sex Was So Painful

Elaine Feeley, 58, says she felt so guilty that she and her husband Keef hadn't had sex in four years that she told him to sleep with someone else.

Despite the couple always enjoying an active sex life, she says everything changed when she went through the menopause.

She said: "We've been together for 20 years and used to have a great sex life. When I first slept with Keef I'd never had an orgasm like it before. I used to say 'I feel this good I could die this minute' - it couldn't feel better. It was like that for a long time.

But after the menopause sex was, at first, uncomfortable. Then one night I just had the most horrendous pain, as if I'd been stabbed. I pushed my husband off, saying 'stop, go away - I can't enjoy sex any more.

"My desire hasn't gone, but I'm fearful of the pain I want my sex life back. I've had 40 years of orgasms and now I've been robbed of them."

The couple shared their story in a new documentary which reveals that one in three women have sexual difficulties that rob them of ability to orgasm.

Elaine is suffering from vaginal atrophy, or dryness, which is very common after the menopause. Here, the vagina shrinks and dries out, the cervix lowers and some women experience a chafing, carpet-burn feeling during sex.

Over time, Elaine backed away from Keef, fearing any intimacy would be leading him on - and she wouldn't be able to satisfy him.

"If he got aroused I felt guilty, like I was teasing him. I know he is still a virile, active man and I told him to go out and have sex with someone else."

She adds: "But really, I know he wouldn't - his view is unselfish - he wants to give me pleasure."

After relationship counselling with psychosexual therapist, Trudy Hannigan, intimacy has been injected  back into the couple's relationship.

While Elaine no longer feels she can have penetrative sex, she and Keef have found other ways of keeping each other satisfied.

Elaine tells the camera that Keef has given her multiple orgasms that morning and they have 'big smiles' on their faces. She adds: "Instead of thinking about my old sex like, I'm going to focus on my new one. I love this man."

No comments:

Post a Comment