Friday 20 December 2013

“I am looking into investing in the oil and gas sector" - Iyanya Reveals

Kukere crooner, Iyanya, who recently had a chit-chat with Punch talked about temporal fame and the necessity to invest sagely.

Read excerpts from the interview...

Iyanya admits that he never imagined that he would become a star in no time. But unlike some of his contemporaries, he is still not too comfortable talking about his assets.

“I come from a very humble background and have also struggled to be where I am. Since I achieved nothing by my own strength or might, I don’t think it is worth talking or boasting about.

“I am also looking into investing in the oil and gas sector in the New Year, because I feel investment is key. Artistes must learn to invest because the fame is temporary and sometimes a façade. Truth is you will not always be in the spotlight and you may become bankrupt if you are careless with funds.”

Projecting into the new year, Iyanya has very lofty dreams, saying, “My craft has no doubt gotten better with time. I plan to remain true to my culture and will also be releasing a single in my native Efik language soon. I desire to be one of Nigeria’s greatest music exports next year.”


No comments:

Post a Comment