Friday 22 November 2013

University Lecturer Cum Boko Haram Recruitment Co-ordinator Arrested As SSS Uncovers Terrorist Cell In Kogi

  
Dr. Muhammad Nazeef Yunus, assistant lecturer at Kogi State University, was paraded in Abuja alongside four other Boko Haram members after they were arrested by men of the State Security Service (SSS). The suspects were said to plan deadly attacks on Igala, Kogi State.

The University Don who denied his involvement alleged he was being set up.

Dr. Nazeef said: “My Islamic preaching had always been against the activities of the Boko Haram sects, but I was shocked when the other suspects insisted that I was a member and the one that recruited them into the sect. I have never been a member of Boko Haram for one minute in my life, I even preach against them.”

Other arrested suspects are Umar Musa, Head of Operations, Munzir Mustapha Yusuf, Armourer, Ismail Abdulazeez and Ibrahim Isa.

Spokesperson of the SSS, Marilyn Ogar assured Nigerians of their continued determination to rid Nigeria of all acts of terror.




No comments:

Post a Comment