Saturday 30 November 2013

"I did it for God. I wish the bullets had killed me": Michael Adebolajo 'thanked' police for shooting him after Lee Rigby's death

The Jury in the murder case of Lee Rigby was shown a footage of the moment when two men (Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale) allegedly ran down the drummer, after which they multilated and almost decapitated him.  

One of the Muslim converts accused of murdering Lee Rigby thanked police for shooting him and said 'I wish the bullets had killed me' as he was given first aid, the Old Bailey heard today.

Jurors were also shown footage of Michael Adebolajo, 28, and his accomplice Michael Adebowale, 22, being gunned down by armed police when the defendants tried to attack them.

Minutes earlier they had 'mutilated, almost decapitated and murdered' Lee Rigby, 25, after they had ambushed him outside military barracks in Woolwich, South East London, the Old Bailey heard. 

Adebolajo is seen to fly across the road as shots are fired at him and received a gunshot wound to his upper left bicep.

The court heard as he lay in the road he said to paramedics: 'Please let me lay here, I don't want anyone to die, I just want the soldiers out of my country.

'Your government is wrong, I did it for my God. I wish the bullets had killed me so I can join my friends and family.'

Adebolajo later told officers: 'I am a Muslim extremist, this may be the only chance you meet one. Your people have gone to Afghanistan and raped and killed our women. I am seeking retribution I wouldn't stoop so low as to rape and kill women.

'I thank the person who shot me, because it is what Allah would have wanted.'

Adebolajo added: 'I love Allah more than my children.'

At hospital he told doctors he did not want to be touched by any women. He made no reply to being arrested on suspicion of murder.

The following day Adebolajo told another officer: 'My intention was never to harm civilians. There were women and children around. My intention was to hurt military only.'

He added: 'The reason that we are fighting is because we believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. We hope that one day Great Britain will replace those corrupt politicians with men, or women, who truly care about the security of their citizens by withdrawing from affairs of Muslims, including their lands.'

A number of women went to the scene to comfort the soldier, the jury heard

One of the women was Amanda Donnelly Martin, who was with her daughter.

Prosecutor Richard Whittam said he was 'saying things about religion such as 'these soldiers go to our land, kill/bomb our people - so an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'.

It said: 'Fighting Allah's enemies is an obligation', and went on: 'Do not spend your days in endless discussion with the cowardly and foolish. It means that it will delay your meeting Allah's enemies on the battlefield. Sometimes the cowardly and foolish can be those dearest to you. So be prepared to turn away from them.'

The court heard that Adebolajo handed a letter containing religious references to Ms Donnelly Martin.

The handwritten note suggested 'carnage reaching your town' was 'simply retaliation for your oppression in our towns'.

It said when the 'heat of battle' came, 'it is unlikely that any of your so-called politicians will be caught up in the the crossfire, so I suggest that you remove them.'

The letter continued: 'Muslims will trade with you on fair terms. Understand that the days of your international armed robbery are drawing to a close.'

Jurors were also shown a video clip of Adebolajo speaking with blood on his hands, suggesting that the attack was 'an eye for an eye'.

Culled from DailyMail

No comments:

Post a Comment