Saturday 16 November 2013

Man, 42, Rapes 10-year-old Girl In Lagos

Taiwo Bakara has been arrested by the police in Lagos State for allegedly raping a 10-year-old girl in his apartment. The suspect who stays at Igando is said to be specialized in the act of defiling and harassing little girls in the area.

Vanguard reports;

It was further gathered that the victim (name withheld) who resides in the same street fell prey to Bakare’s ambush on Sunday September 10, 2013, after he accosted her at her mother’s shop and lured her to his apartment where he had canal knowledge of her.   The little girl was said to have felt excruciating pain after the sexual intercourse and her mother who wasn’t at home when she was raped later noticed what was happening and asked her daughter. She revealed details of how she was raped and her mother swiftly ran to the police at Igando and reported the matter.  

Crime Alert also learnt that policemen from Igando led by the Divisional Police Officer, Ben Osuji, a Chief Superintendent of Police, stormed Bakare’s apartment in search of him. After a long search, they found him hiding inside a pit close to a canal beside is apartment.

Meanwhile, the victim who spoke with Crime Alert while the police was searching for Bakare  narrated how it happened.  “ I was in my mother’s shop when he came in and said he wanted to buy a can of milk, I told him the price and gave him one can and demanded for my money and he refused to pay me.  All my pleas for him to pay me fell on deaf ears.  Rather, he insisted that he was going to go away with the milk and I refused.

After a hot argument,  he said he has some money in his house and I should follow him to get my money. On getting to his house, I stood by his door and he asked me to come inside but I refused. Then, he went inside and acted as if he was getting my money but when he came out, he stretched his hand and gripped my mouth and prevented me from screaming. He threw me on his bed and pulled off my pants before he started having canal knowledge of me. I screamed but no one came in to help me. I told my mother about it when I got home.”

While being whisked away by the police after his arrest, the suspect, Bakare, who was weeping profusely told Crime Alert, “ I am a 42 -year -old man and I am married with four children, my last child is a girl and she is also 10 years but she and her mother lives in Abuja. I am the owner of my building and this small girl, pointing at the victim, lives on the same street with me and I usually go to her mother’s shop to buy grocery items but I don’t know what came over me today when I saw her.   I took her home, I pulled off her pants and also threw her on my bed and I attempted to have sex with her but my penis cold not enter her vagina because it was tight, so I rubbed oil on her laps and inserted my penis in between her laps. I didn’t have sex with her, “ he lamented.

No comments:

Post a Comment