Saturday 23 November 2013

Man Who Grew BREAST Got Frustrated and Tried to Cut it Off After He Was Denied Surgery

Farshad Hashemzadeh, 28, was so distressed after he grew a single B-cup breast, he attempted to cut it off himself after being repeatedly denied surgery by the NHS (National Health Service).

The car parts salesman, who has since had it removed privately, told hosts of This Morning show, Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford that he was left desperately unhappy after surgery was repeatedly refused.

"I went to the GP and started using tablets," he revealed of early attempts to get rid of the breast which began growing shortly after he turned 18...

"It got rid it for two months but it started growing back. It wasn't that hard when I was 18 but (by the age of) 25, I really started suffering because I couldn't have a relationship.

"In the summer I would put two or three vests on and try to hide it with my hand."

"I was too embarrassed to take my top off in front of my girlfriend so I tried to cut it away. It was painful and there was blood all over the floor. But even then, the NHS couldn't see how distressed I was."

Girlfriend Charlene Cullen, 30, who appeared alongside him on This Morning, added: "He was really embarrassed and took a month before he would tell me what was wrong. It didn't bother me but it did bother him and made him very self conscious. I went to his GP and they wouldn't do anything."

She decided to help him raise the £3000 it would cost to have the breast removed privately and last month, Farshad finally went under the knife.

"There's nothing in there anymore," he reveals. "I was awake during the operation because I wanted to believe I was getting rid of it after two years (of dealing with the trauma of it).

Now the breast is gone, Farshad says he finally feels happy again and says once the scar has properly healed, he will really start feeling 'like a man' again. He added: "I only hope it doesn't come back."

Farshad's condition, although rare, is not unique with around 400 men diagnosed with gynaecomastia each year. The condition, which is caused by a hormone imbalance, is more commonly found in the over-50s but rarely manifests in such an extreme way.


Farshad's Breast After the Surgery

Farshad and His Girlfriend Charlene


No comments:

Post a Comment