Monday 11 November 2013

10-year-old Girl Raped and Killed By Cousin In Osun State

A team of detectives from the State Criminal Investigations Department, SCID, led by the Assistant Commissioner of Police, Mr Mohammed Jimoh, arrested 26-year-old Rafiu Idowu for allegedly raping and killing his 10-year-old cousin. He claims the victim lured him into raping her.

Idowu said “Tawa Bilawu met me at the passage of my house when she came to visit me on that fateful day. I asked her where she was going and she said somebody sent her somewhere but she decided to check on me.

“Bilawu later dragged me into my room where she removed my trousers and both of us went on bed. Then, Bilawu put my penis into her private part and started shouting.  I then asked her the reason for the alarm.

“The alarm raised by Bilawu was after two minutes of sexual intercourse between us. When she started shouting, I got hold of her neck and nose and pressed them till she died.”

Idowu also claims the incident was the first and only time they had intercourse.

#MannySpeaks: I honestly think the issue of rape has been overlooked by the Nigerian Government. Our young girls and even the older ones are being raped, abused and in some cases killed. Nigeria is slowly becoming a rape nation, just like India. We all should stand against this heinous crime against humanity. Our women should be loved, respected and cared for, not abused.

No comments:

Post a Comment