Friday 17 January 2014

Comedian I Go Dye Appointed UN Ambassador

Warri-born comedian, Francis Agoda, best known as I Go Dye, has been honoured by United Nations as one of its Ambassadors.  The successful comedian is now the international body’s Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Ambassador.

The honour which was presented to him some days ago was in part, a mandate to further propagation of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) is in recognition of the impact I Go Dye has on society through comedy.

According to the top rated comedian, who is renown for his philanthropic gestures, the honour is an added boost for him to continue the good works of life for the good of the humankind. Brimming with smiles, he said “I feel honoured with this honour, but it will be more gratifying to me, when I will see that our leaders create opportunities for youths to be gainfully employed. Because as at today, millions of Africans are suffering, and faced with uncertainty. The future seems vague and no hope in sight”.

The honour came with a customised vehicle number plate: MDG AMB 7K, an international identification card and an honorary plaque.

No comments:

Post a Comment